Fill Out the Form to Access the Bulletin
Bulletin Trends and Highlights
- In tracking new Q2 data room activity, Firmex forecasts a strong Q3 with a 23% increase in deal announcements over Q3 2020.
- Globally, most respondents are feeling positive (51%) or very positive (22%) about the M&A market in Q3. Negative sentiment has seen a dramatic drop quarter-over-quarter from 11% in Q2 to 1% in Q3.
- M&A Advisors in the EMEA region are split on whether COVID-19 has had a neutral (39%) or positive effect (39%). The remaining 22% see it as negative.
- A majority of those surveyed (58%) expect Strategic Acquisitions to increase in Q3, with 15% also anticipating an increase in Financial Acquisitions, 12% expecting Divestitures / Carve-outs / Spin-offs to increase, and 8% anticipating an increase in distressed investing.
- 61% of EMEA respondents say capital is flowing inbound cross-border and 35% are involved in domestic deals. Only 4% say capital is flowing outwards cross-border.
- Strategy and Synergy is the top challenge (39%) M&A advisors expect to face in Q3 when it comes to creating value post-transaction, followed by Sustainable Growth (27%), and People and Culture (15%).
A New Forecast for Deal Volumes
Along with our forecast for deal flows in Q3 2021, The Firmex EMEA Deal Flow Bulletin presents readers with a glimpse of what advisors are anticipating for their deal volumes, what they expect to see from active sellers, and the key challenges they face for completing deals.
Readers of the bulletin will come away with deal volume insights gained from knowledge of virtual data room activity. You’ll also get a grasp of what current M&A advisor sentiment is for the M&A market for the rest of the year, including the impact of COVID-19.
Finally, readers will learn how Firmex’s forecast compares with the first-hand experience of M&A advisors and their own perception of the state of deal volumes for the middlemarket.