Fill Out the Form to Access the Bulletin
Bulletin Trends and Highlights
- In tracking new Q1 data room activity, Firmex forecasts a 5% increase in deal announcements over the next 90 days compared to the previous quarter.
- Most M&A advisors (44%) hold a positive view of the M&A market, with 16% even stating that they feel very positive. 29% feel neither positive nor negative, while 11% hold a negative view of the M&A market.
- 48% of M&A advisors think that the pandemic’s impact has been negative, while 35% stated that the impact was neutral.
- 68% of M&A advisors anticipate an increase in deal volume, while 28% expect no change.
- 71% of M&A advisors are expecting to see an increase in the number of active sellers on the market, with only 7% expecting a decrease.
- Buyer and seller valuation expectations remain as the primary challenge (49%) for M&A advisors, with the inability to meet face-to-face (22%) identified as the second-most challenging obstacle to completing deals.
A New Forecast for Deal Volumes
Along with our forecast for deal flows in Q2 2021, The Firmex Deal Flow Bulletin presents readers with a glimpse of what advisors are anticipating for their deal volumes, what they expect to see from active sellers, and the key challenges they face for completing deals.
Readers of the bulletin will come away with deal volume insights gained from knowledge of virtual data room activity. You’ll also get a grasp of what current M&A advisor sentiment is for the M&A market for the rest of the year, including the impact of COVID-19.
Finally, readers will learn how Firmex’s forecast compares with the first-hand experience of M&A advisors and their own perception of the state of deal volumes for the middlemarket.