Fill Out the Form to Access the Bulletin
Bulletin Trends and Highlights
Here are some key highlights from the bulletin:
- After a record year in 2021, merger and acquisition volume is poised to keep growing vigorously. Firmex forecasts deal announcements in North America will increase by 4% in the first quarter of 2022, compared to a year earlier.
- Most merger advisors said their firms handled an above-average number of deals in 2021, and 30% said it was one of their best years ever.
- Covid-19 affected the business of three-quarters of the firms surveyed, although more of them said the pandemic increased, rather than decreased, transaction volume.
- The hottest sectors in the coming year are seen as technology, manufacturing, and healthcare.
- The major factors driving M&A activity continue to be the availability of capital in private equity funds, SPACs, and low-interest debt.
- When asked to name their greatest challenges in 2022, four out of five advisors picked bridging the gap in valuation expectations between buyers and sellers.
A New Forecast for Deal Volumes
Along with our forecast for deal flow in Q1 2022, The Firmex Deal Flow Bulletin presents readers with a glimpse of what advisors are anticipating for their deal volumes, what they expect to see from active sellers, and the key challenges they face in completing deals.
Readers of the bulletin will come away with deal volume insights gained from knowledge of virtual data room activity, as well as a grasp of what current M&A advisor sentiment is for the market for the rest of the year.