TORONTO, October 22, 2020—Firmex, a global provider of virtual data rooms where more deals, diligence, and compliance gets done, today announced the launch of Firmex Redact, its integrated redaction tool that enables professionals involved in due diligence and compliance to securely redact personally identifiable and sensitive information—all without leaving a Firmex virtual data room.
Now, more than ever, documents used in due diligence contain sensitive and confidential information in need of redaction. Recently introduced rules and regulations surrounding personally identifiable information (PII) such as GDPR require PII to be removed, prior to being shared with external parties throughout the deal process. Firmex Redact lets professionals in compliance and due diligence easily hide, contain, and protect information to minimize organizational risk and avoid millions of dollars worth of penalties for non-compliance.
“With Firmex Redact, we’re making the time-consuming redaction process faster, more streamlined, and secure, so that dealmakers can focus on what they do best—helping their clients close the deal. ,” said Joel Lessem, CEO of Firmex.
Key Features and Benefits
- Easier Redaction in Your Virtual Data Room: Firmex Redact is fully integrated with our virtual data room, making any new or already uploaded documents redactable, with redaction activity you can track along the way.
- Control Who Can Redact: Our virtual data rooms’ user management lets you control who can access, redact, edit, unredact, preview, and view redacted documents at any time, so you can better collaborate on redactions with your team with a greater level of transparency.
- Peace of Mind with Virtual Data Room Security: Using Firmex Redact ensures that documents in the virtual data room stay encrypted and safe with our multiple layers of security, avoiding the risk of downloading files and performing redactions in offline tools.
- Streamline Deal Stages: Quickly and easily remove redactions by individual lines, or remove all redactions with a single click, as you progress through your deal.
- Work More Efficiently: Drag and draw with ease with our Add Redaction function, while always being able to see exactly what’s being redacted. All changes are automatically saved in real time.
- Save Time and Eliminate Errors: Search any PDF with optical character recognition, so that search words are automatically identified and highlighted for you to redact
- Simplify Document Management: View document versions and redaction status to identify draft redactions in progress, as well as already redacted published versions.
“By centralizing the entire redaction workflow within our virtual data rooms, our customers will see their time spent redacting minimized, while safe-guarding PII and confidential information in diligence documents,” said Mark Wright, Firmex’s Chief Commercial Officer.
For more information on Firmex Redact, please visit firmex.com/redaction.
About Firmex Inc.
Firmex is a global provider of virtual data rooms where more deals, diligence, and compliance gets done. As one of the world’s most widely used virtual data rooms, Firmex supports complex processes for organizations of all sizes, including diligence, compliance, and litigation. Whenever professionals need to share sensitive documents beyond the firewall, Firmex is their trusted partner. A Firmex subscription provides simple, safe, and stress-free document sharing without hidden costs or complexity. Since 2006, Firmex has helped over 140,000 companies worldwide take control of their confidential documents. For more information, please visit firmex.com.
Chief Commercial Officer
416-840-4241 ext. 281