TORONTO, March 18, 2021—Firmex, the most widely used provider of virtual data rooms, today announced the publication of The Firmex Deal Flow Bulletin for Q2 2021. The bulletin uses data on virtual data room openings to forecast closed deals for Q2. It also presents M&A advisor sentiment on the current M&A market for the rest of 2021, including the impact of COVID-19.
“Despite lingering macroeconomic uncertainty, our data shows there’s reason for optimism. We predict a steady deal recovery for Q2, with many dealmakers indicating a bullish outlook for upcoming deal flows,” said Mark Wright, Firmex’s Chief Commercial Officer.
In addition to the Firmex deal flow forecast, readers also get first-hand experience from M&A advisors on their perception of the state of deal volumes for the middlemarket. Here are some key findings from the bulletin.
Deal Flow Bulletin Highlights
- In tracking new Q1 data room activity, Firmex forecasts a 5% increase in deal announcements over the next 90 days compared to the previous quarter.
- Most M&A advisors (44%) hold a positive view of the M&A market, with 16% even stating that they feel very positive. 29% feel neither positive nor negative, while 11% hold a negative view of the M&A market.
- 48% of M&A advisors think that the pandemic’s impact has been negative, while 35% stated that the impact was neutral.
- When surveyed, 68% of M&A advisors anticipate an increase in deal volume, while 28% expect no change.
- 71% of M&A advisors are expecting to see an increase in the number of active sellers on the market, with only 7% expecting a decrease.
- Buyer and seller valuation expectations remain as the primary challenge (49%) for M&A advisors, with the inability to meet face-to-face (22%) identified as the second-most challenging obstacle to completing deals.
“As the most widely used virtual data room provider for deals, we have unique insight into data room creation, its relation to deal volume trends, and into forecasting deal activity. Our hope in publishing this report is to share helpful information that’s unique to our position as the most widely used virtual data room, keeping middlemarket M&A advisors informed,” said Wright.
To access The Firmex Deal Flow Bulletin for Q2 2021, please visit: https://www.firmex.com/resources/reports-guides/deal-flow-bulletin-q2-2021/
About Firmex Inc.
Firmex is a global provider of virtual data rooms where more deals, diligence and compliance get done. As one of the world’s most widely used virtual data rooms, Firmex supports complex processes for organizations of all sizes, including diligence, compliance, and litigation. Whenever professionals need to share sensitive documents beyond the firewall, Firmex is their trusted partner. A Firmex subscription provides simple, safe, and stress-free document sharing without hidden costs or complexity. Since 2006, Firmex has helped over 140,000 companies worldwide take control of their confidential documents. For more information, please visit firmex.com.
Chief Commercial Officer, Firmex
416-840-4241 ext. 281